Saturday, April 30, 2011

C4T #4 Summary Post

Intercepting the Web

For my last comments for teachers, I had the pleasure of being assigned to Jenny Luca’s blog entitled Lucacept – intercepting the Web. The first post that I commented on from her blog was called CCAEducause 2011 – The Game Has Changed. This post was very informative of the various types of technology that can be used for educational purposes. CCAEducause 2011 is an education conference that focused on higher education in Australia. This blog post talks about the many uses for technology in libraries, classrooms, and various higher education institutions. Overall, this post made me realize how many different uses there are for technology to be used in higher education.
In the next post called English teachers rejoice! Vocabulary.com is here, Ms. Luca spreads information about a new vocabulary resource. Vocabulary.com is exactly what is says, a vocabulary website. After I read her post on this site, I decided that I was going to visit it. When you first enter the site, it allows you either search for a word or take a vocabulary challenge. The vocabulary challenge tests you on your knowledge of words and their meanings. This is such a great tool for any English teacher and their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment