Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Assignment 11

Kids and Technology
By watching Ms. Cassidy’s video, and Skype interview, I now have an idea of how she uses technology in the classroom.  Ms. Cassidy teaches her first graders by letting them blog and comment on other’s blogs as well. They use wiki pages in class to learn different things.  Everything on Ms. Cassidy’s Class blog is there so that the students can learn.  Ms. Cassidy also teaches her students to talk to people through Skype, collaborate through the Internet, and has even allowed them to create videos to show what they are learning.  The uses for technology that is being used is letting the kids have fun while learning. 

Some of the things that I would like to implement in my class are the use of technology, and making it a fun experience for my students.  I find that creating videos, using Skype, and blogging are a good way to start using technology in the classroom.  Some benefits that I anticipate by using Ms. Cassidy’s approaches would be that it allows for the students to be excited about learning.  They way that she using technology in class shows that her students want to learn.  As a future-teacher, I want to see my students want to learn.  I do not want them to think that learning is a chore or boring subject.  I believe by using these approaches, it will make so that my students will look forward to learn each day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I completely agree with what you are saying about learning, it should be fun and exciting, we as future teachers need to keep our students wanting to learn more. I feel that technology has become a big part of our education system, and I think it will be a great asset to the class room setting, you really made made some good suggestions on how to implement computers into the learning process, and I think I am going to do the same as a future teacher. Ms. Cassidy was very creative in teaching technology while at the same time she was teaching her students basic learning skills. Michelle I enjoyed reading your blog and your ideas keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As a future-teacher, I want to see my students want to learn." If you accomplish this we will all be extremely proud of you! Now make it happen. Be another Ms. Cassidy!

    ReplyDelete