Wednesday, March 2, 2011

C4T #2 Summary Post

West Wing
For my second teacher, I was assigned to Brian Crosby's blog called Learning is Messy.
In the first post that I read titled Transparency, he mentions a quote from the show "The West Wing." This quote is based on a real life occurrence. I enjoyed reading the quote in his post. It shows that people make mistakes, even professionals. One thing about mistakes is that you can always take that mistake and use it as an example of what not to do the next time. Kids believe that they make a lot of mistakes, but they are only just beginning. They are expected to make mistakes when they are starting. This quote made me think about learning math versus real world application of math. Math seems hard while you are learning, but it becomes more complicated in the real world when it is applied to the different sciences.
The next article I read by Brian Crosby was How did you begin your technology journey?. This post told of his first experiences in his technological journey. According to his post, the first computer that he worked with in education was 25 years ago, when his school had gotten four Apple II-E computers. I don't know much about the history of computers, but I do know that I had never heard of this computer until it was mentioned in Mr. Crosby's post. In comparison to how much experience Mr. Crosby has, I feel inexperienced in the world of computers. My goals now will to educate myself more on computers and the different software that is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment