Sunday, March 27, 2011

C4K 4-6 Summary

Christchurch Earthquake
My fourth comment for kids went to Serena, who is a year six student at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. In her blog post Miss Slade Class, she tells about her day in class. In class they were asked to write about the Christchurch earthquake. At first, I did not know what she was talking about but I looked it up later. The earthquake was registered at a magnitude of 6.3 and it happened in the Canterbury region of New Zealand’s South Island. This earthquake had caused hundreds of casualties and a decent amount of damage to the area. Now that I know what this earthquake was, I understood why they had been writing about it in their class back then.


For my fifth comment, I commented on Tevita’s Blog. Tevita is a year eight student at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. In his blog post My Graphs, he tells about his experience with learning how to create graphs. They were learning about statistics in school and using graphs to show their findings. In his blog, he included a picture of a graph that was created to show classmates favorite colors. When I was reading this, I was surprised. I did not start learning statistics till I had come to college. My middle and high school did not offer a statistics class. Statistics is a very good thing to learn. If someone is conducting a study, they will need statistics to organize their information so that it makes sense.


My latest comment was on Savannah’s Blog. Savannah is a student in Mrs. Phares’ fourth period class at Edgewood Middle School. In her blog post Bullies, she expresses her concern for bullying in her school. This can be a problem in some schools. Some students that are bullied rarely put up a fight, and some just snap after a long time of being picked on. When I looked at the comments for her post, she had mentioned that it’s not as much as a problem anymore. As someone who had been picked on in middle school, this is a good thing that it is becoming less of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment