Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blog Assignment 9

In Mr. McClung's post What I Learned This Year, he tells how to read the crowd, be flexible, communicate, be reasonable, don't be afraid of technology, listen to your students, and never stop learning. These are the multiple categories that he had written about in a reflection of his first year of teaching. When I read this post, I was not sure what I was going to expect. This post made me stop and think about everything that I knew what a teacher should be.


"How to Read the Crowd" pertained to how teachers teach in a classroom. He tells about that when he had been interning, the lessons were not particularly student centered. In "Be Flexible," he tells how you have to sometimes adjust lessons because there is no such thing as a "perfect" lesson. His section called "Be Reasonable" told that teachers have to expect that not all students are going to live up to the teachers' expectations. "Don't be Afraid of Technology" advises that people should not be afraid to deal with technology but to use it as a tool. Mr. McClung advises teachers to listen to their students. By doing this, the students will understand that the teacher truly care about teaching them. Also, Mr. McClung tells that teachers should never stop learning. Teachers have to constantly learn to keep up with different technologies, ways of teaching, etc.
Stay Positive

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I am glad you learned a lot from Mr. McClung, and I am happy to hear that he made you rethink what a teacher does. Many times we have a skewed perspective about Education, and I have definitely changed my mindset after reading this post and experiencing these things in the classroom. All of the points made in this post are relevant, and we can certainly learn a lot from Mr. McClung.

    ReplyDelete