Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Assignment 5

Podcasting
Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog By: Third graders
I listened to the “Roamin’ with the Ancient Romans” podcast that was created by a group of third graders and was surprised at how good it was. This was a good way to approach learning about the romans. I wouldn’t have thought about having it set up like a news report would make it so interesting. This is a good way to have the information organized and put in a specific order. For my group’s podcast, we are doing commercials about our class and interviews on technologies that we are learning about.


The Benefits of Podcasting in the classroom By: Joe Dale
The video on this site was helpful. I didn’t know there were that many uses for podcasting in the classroom. One such benefit that I did not know about was that “students can access the higher order thinking skills in Bloom’s taxonomy.” This site also provided tutorials for podcasting. These were helpful to me by introducing me to how to create a podcast.


100 Ways to Use your iPod to learn and Study Better
I was not sure what I was expecting when I saw the title of this website, but I was just shocked at how many different programs for the iPod are available. Just in the podcasting section, there are 14 websites, which tell of uses for ways to create and use podcasts to learn. By looking at some of the sites mentioned, I learned what a podcast was, and how to create a basic podcast.


Judy Scharf’s Podcast Collection
The information on this site really helped me when I was working on the podcast project with my group. It gives tips to succeed, the benefits to podcasting in Education, and examples of podcasts. I am a beginner at podcasting, so the various lists that Judy Scharf includes on this site was very helpful to me.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed these videos and your take on them. They not only taught me how to use podcasts, but they taught me the uses and benefits of them in the classroom as well. I really liked the first one that was done by the 3rd graders; it really demonstrated how you could incorporate them in the classroom. After completing this blog assignment, I can really see how podcasts are beneficial and how they could make learning enjoyable and interesting for students, even at the elementary level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found the Eagle's Nest Radio entertaining. I found that all the students semester have loved the Eagle's Nest. I really think these kids are really great and show that students love education if it is made fun for them.

    The iPod is a very great tool for podcasting. I'm glad you found this interesting.

    Good post Michelle,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete