Sunday, May 1, 2011

Final Report on PLN

My PLN
When I first started on this project, I was clueless as of where to start.  I thought that it was going to be a tedious job of working on it, but I was wrong.  Once I started working on it, I discovered many sites that I could use and use in my daily life.  As you can see from the picture, I have used symbaloo for my PLN.  I know that my PLN is similar to what it was earlier on in the semester, but I believe that this one will help me become more organized and it will be useful to me. 

By looking at the picture, you can see that my PLN is color coated.  I chose this as a way to tell which links were related and had a similar genre in common.   My colors are described by the following:
  • Green represents blogs.  All of the blogs that I find interesting or pertaining to my life as an English major will be found under that color.  Currently I have Blogger, The Learning Network, The EDM 310 Class Blog, My class blog, and Lunacept- intercepting the Web as my websites in green.
  • Blue represents Social Networks.  The main social networks that I use will be found on my PLN in this color.  So far, the only blue tiles that I have are Twitter and Facebook.
  • Orange represents News Sources.  It is always a good thing to be informed about current news and stories that are important to the lives of people.  The news sources that I have are BBC, The New York Times, USA Today, CNN, The Mobile Press-Register, and The Daleville Sun-Courier.  These are the main news sources that I use in my life.
  • White represents e-mail and Google resources. This is where I will keep links to my email resources and the main Google resources that I will be using.  
  • Brown represents music resources.  I normally use these resources as a way to learn about new music.  I generally like to listen to music while I work on projects, and these websites are a great way for me to listen to what I want to.
  • Red represents preset web-mixes.  Out of the many presets that were available to be used, the three red tiles are the only ones that I thought were pertaining for my constant use.  These tiles were Tech/Gadgets, Health, and News.
  • Black represents Education and technology resources.  These sources are taken from the various education and technology websites that I like to be informed on what is new for me to know about as a future teacher.  
Overall, I had a great experience in creating my PLN.  It was hard at times to figure out what I found important enough to put on this PLN.  In the end, I believe that the way that I have it organized, I will be using and updating this source regularly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment