Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

Hello, my name is Michelle French. I'm 19 years old and in my sophomore year at USA. I was born in Bethesda, Maryland and have grown up in a, now retired, military family. My dad was in the Navy, so we got to live in different places. When I was younger, I started school in Cornwall, England, and around my first grade year we moved back to the United States. Since then, I have lived in Rhode Island, South Carolina, and currently live in Alabama, where my hometown of Daleville is located.


I am an English Secondary Education major. I was originally a Mathematics Secondary Education major, but math just did not seem to be the right choice for me. I am a member of the Jaguar Marching Band. This is my second year as part of this ensemble, and this is currently my ninth year playing my primary instrument, the clarinet. My experience with this University has been fantastic, and I hope to continue to work hard to achieve my goal of walking across that stage in a few years.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you Michelle. I am looking forward to our EDM 310 class! It will teach us so much that we can use in our everyday lives and make us better teachers.
    So have you enjoyed moving? Did you like getting to experience meeting so many different people and the experience of different places? So do you miss the snow up North or do you like living in the South now? I have an Uncle from New York, he has been here in Alabama for 30 years and loves it and will not move back. Do you have any plans to move back north?

    You are also majoring in my favorite subject, English. I would love to teach English. I am sure you will do great!

    I wish you the best in the future and in EDM 310! Can't wait to walk across the stage too and get that diploma in hand!

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy moving. The only down side was that I had to make new friends in every place. The only thing I miss about the snow is that I miss looking at it. I do not miss the cold that comes with the snow. I wish to move to the South Carolina and Maryland area. I liked it there, not too cold, but not too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a neighbor of King Arthur. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete